covid 19 (corona) en tinnitus

Mededelingen over Tinnitus die niet bij bovenstaande onderwerpen passen.

Moderators: moderator, forumadmin

Plaats reactie
Johnpon

covid 19 (corona) en tinnitus

Bericht door Johnpon » di 06.04.2021 13:06

Hoi, ik lees hier en daar over covid 19 infectie en vaccinatie, dat tinnitus deed ontstaan of verergerde.
Ik vindt het belangrijk om hier aandacht aan te besteden. Hoe ervaart men dit op het forum.

Moet je nu wel laten vaccineren en met welk vaccin of juist niet?
Als men toch al weinig contact heeft met anderen is de kans klein om corona te krijgen en ik heb gelezen dat die bescherming van het vaccin slechts 3 maanden of iets meer is, doch wel beperkt. Dus is het wel de moeite waard?

En wat is de ervaring van mensen hier op het forum die zijn gevaccineerd?

Jan64

Re: covid 19 (corona) en tinnitus

Bericht door Jan64 » wo 28.04.2021 17:58

Hoi Johnpon,

Dat de tinnitus kan beginnen of verergeren agv één van de coronavaccins is inderdaad een groot probleem.

Kijk maar eens op tinnitustalk.com. Daar is uitgebreide discussie gaande. Ook zijn er een aantal facebook groepen waar het verergeren van de tinnitus na een vaccintoediening wordt besproken. Het lijken vooral de vaccins van Moderna en Pfizer te zijn die tinnitus kunnen veroorzaken of verergeren. AstraZeneca lijkt iets minder maar daarvan zijn ook minder vaccins toegediend. Er is nog geen consensus over welk vaccin het best is als je tinnitus hebt.

Zelf heb ik een voorkeur voor een simpel vaccin, althans een vaccin dat lijkt op de vaccins die ik ooit heb gekregen. Omdat ik daar geen bijwerkingen van heb ondervonden. Dus geen mRNA-vaccin. Het vaccin van Novavax is een dergelijk eenvoudig vaccin. Maar dat wordt voorlopig niet in Nederland aangeboden.

Ik ben ook benieuwd naar ervaringen hier op het forum. Wie heeft al een vaccin ontvangen (geef aan welk) en hoe reageerde de tinnitus daarop? En was het tijdelijk of permanent?

Johnpon

Bericht door Johnpon » do 29.04.2021 11:20

ik heb het vaccin van AstraZeneca geweigerd vanwege de mogelijke ototoxiciteit en omdat ik middelen gebruik die op de hersenen werken.
Men had hier begrip voor. Het advies was toen om dan te wachten op een vaccin dat wel betrouwbaar is.
Later zou men dan mogelijk kunnen kiezen werd er gezegd.

Jan64

Bericht door Jan64 » di 15.06.2021 13:29

Hoi Johnpon,
Uit de discussies op tinnitustalk.com blijkt dat het ontstaan en erger worden van tinnitus bij zowel Pfizer, Moderna als Janssen voorkomt. Hierbij een bloemlezing...:

Pfizer jjflyman 3 My tinnitus spiked about 10 days or so after Pfizer #1. It increased in volume and pitch for about 5 days, and has now started fading back down. It is still worse than before but is getting better (it's been about 8 days since it started It also feels like my inner ears are swelled up, I can "feel" my ears. I am hoping this will continue to resolve itself over the next few weeks.spiking).

Pfizer Manex 3 I had the Pfizer shot 3 weeks ago. First shot. My tinnitus increased a little that night and I had a bunch of unusual new tones starting three days later... probably a 25% increase in annoyance. After three weeks it's maybe 15% increase or 20%. I'm not doing the 2nd shot. I wish I'd taken the J&J shot, because: It's not the same new technology,While I saw clinical result indicating a bit more tinnitus that Pfizer, I have yet to see someone on the forums say J&J spiked or caused their tinnitus,At least I would be fully vaccinated if I was going to have worse tinnitus. I
don't know when or if it will ever baseline. I was hoping by now it would.

Pfizer Deamon22 2 First Pfizer shot yesterday morning. Having a sore arm and at night a slightly louder tinnitus but nothing out of the ordinary. Today all back to normal. No other side effects.

Pfizer EddyL. 5 I received my first Pfizer dose on 3/26. No side effects other than a sore arm for a day, and no change to my tinnitus.This past Friday, 4/16, I received my second dose. On Saturday, I was very tired all day, and just felt out of sorts. No fever, but my temperature was about 1/2 degree higher than my usual. My tinnitus was also very bad that day, but, since it normally fluctuates between good and bad anyway, I'm not sure if any extra inflammation due to the immune response played a part in it. Regardless, on Sunday, I was back to feeling 100%, and my tinnitus level was quite low, and it continues at that level today.

Pfizer twa 7 I received my first Pfizer dose on 3/26. No side effects other than a sore arm for a day, and no change to my tinnitus.This past Friday, 4/16, I received my second dose. On Saturday, I was very tired all day, and just felt out of sorts. No fever, but my temperature was about 1/2 degree higher than my usual. My tinnitus was also very bad that day, but, since it normally fluctuates between good and bad anyway, I'm not sure if any extra inflammation due to the immune response played a part in it. Regardless, on March 17, 2021- #1 Pfizer vaccine, sore arm, chills and fatigue that night. Next three days ok. The fifth day I got extreme nausea and dizziness. Doctor tested me for strep, flu and COVID-19. I was positive for strep and double ear infection. No change on tinnitus, if fact tinnitus was more of a static sound each day.April 9, 2021- #2 Pfizer vaccine, sore arm, chills, fatigue 24 hours after vaccine. Tinnitus increased to high pitched constant ringing, no static. Hyperacusis was improving and has regressed to where I was 4 months ago with sensitivity. It has been 11 days.

Pfizer emmalee 0 I received my first dose of the Pfizer vaccine yesterday morning. By dinner time I had a headache and my arm was quite sore. I woke up during the night with the pain and had to get up and take something. This morning it was much better. No headache and just minimal arm pain.No increase in my tinnitus, so far. My next shot will not happen until early August, so plenty of time to to monitor it all.

Pfizer t_scot randal 3 m one week out now from the first Pfizer dose. My tinnitus had gotten notably worse 3 days after (like some other posters'). It reduced from that spike, but it's definitely still spiking, especially in my more damaged ear. I think 25% worse than normal, but it varies. Different tones come and go. My 2nd and worse tinnitus came from medication - Azithromycin and I should have known better than to even "try" the vaccine.I won't be doing the 2nd dose. The doctor said I'm basically 50% vaccinated. I will have to take my chances because I feel like for me at least there is a 100% chance the 2nd dose will make it worse.I will update if there is a change. I do wish I'd taken the J&J instead as that would mean I am fully vaccinated. But who knows what the reaction to that would have been - possibly worse.

Pfizer Steph1710 0 I’ve decided not to receive my 2nd shot of the Pfizer vaccine due on the 30th of this month.This isn’t because of my tinnitus, but instead, my lungs.After receiving the first shot, I couldn’t breath properly for two months, and I’m still not 100% better. The breathing issues started 12 hours after the vaccine - I don’t have the time or mental capacity to deal with a relapse.I’m not against vaccines by a long shot, but I can’t help but feel that they haven’t had the time to really monitor the side effects yet.A young man (27) who lives in my village, had the vaccine two days ago - he is now dead. It killed him. He had no prior health issues and was pretty fit.Obviously, his case is going to be extremely rare, but it’s enough for me, and with my lungs reacting to the vaccine, not to have the second dose.

Pfizer MrCrybaby 2 I had my first dose of Pfizer on Friday (currently 4 days out). That night I woke up very stiff and with higher tinnitus (somatic reasons I suspect), but it passed by Non hearing related side effects were soreness at injection site, stiff muscles, and sore joints. All these symptoms have passed. I was VERY thirsty after the vaccine and have been making sure to stay hydrated as the lovely @twa has recommended before.the time morning rolled around. Unfortunately, the next day a passing car honked it's horn while right beside my bad ear so I'm not a great data point from here on out. Tinnitus is currently slightly elevated (not enough to disturb my habituation) which may be from the horn or vaccine. No changes to hyperacusis symptoms. I will update again at the 2 week mark. Second dose is not scheduled until August.

Pfizer kingsfan 6 Today marks 4 weeks since I got the first dose of Pfizer. No improvement at all from my spike. I think may have even gotten worse during this time. I'm completely frustrated and back at square one with my tinnitus. I can't f***ing believe this. I just want to give up.

Pfizer Elmer B Fuddled 6 I had the Pfizer vaccine last Friday. It made me nauseous, then very tired. 3 days later my tinnitus went into overdrive; it spiked for 24 hours, had me up the walls, even my white noise app in my hearing aids couldn't help.The tinnitus has now backed down to its original baseline, being mild. I'm not positive the spike was caused by the vaccine or just anxiety over having the injection. That was the first injection, the only other I didn't have a sore arm from it.I'm one week out now from the first Pfizer dose. My tinnitus had gotten notably worse 3 days after (like some other posters'). It reduced from that spike, but it's definitely still spiking, especially in my more damaged ear. I think 25% worse than normal, but it varies. Different tones come and go. My 2nd and worse tinnitus came from medication - Azithromycin and I should have known better than to even "try" the vaccine.I won't be doing the 2nd dose. The doctor said I'm basically 50% vaccinated. I will have to take my chances because I feel like for e at least there is a 100% chance the 2nd dose will make it worse.I will update if there is a change. I do wish I'd taken the J&J instead as that would mean I am fully vaccinated. But who knows what the reaction to that would have been - possibly worse.

Pfizer Ryan Jones 4 My tinnitus spiked pretty bad 3 days after my first dose of Pfizer as well.After 3-4 weeks it settled back down to near my pre-vaccine baseline. I ended up delaying the second dose a week to give more buffer time.Just got my second dose yesterday and had an immediate spike. I'm hoping that any spikes will settle back down again just like after the first dose. I don't even mind if it takes a few weeks.The spike in volume does seem easier to handle this time as I was expecting it and had prepared myself.Seems to support the idea that inflammation may be a driving force behind my tinnitus, so I'm eating very clean and taking Turmeric, Ginger, etc.

Pfizer GenZen 1 It's now been 72+ hours since my initial dose of Pfizer and I'm still basically at my baseline. My tinnitus has been a little more annoying than normal but I would attribute that to a stressful week at work and also just constantly listening to it to see if anything has changed. I've definitely been hyper aware this week. I don't think it's gotten louder at all as far as I can tell.

Pfizer DevHitByTinnitus 1,5 I had my first dose of Pfizer about a week ago, I had a mini tinnitus spike of 1 day but it subsided. A friend who is a very good doctor and knows a lot about tinnitus told me to take some Paracetamol and some antihistamines before the vaccine to modulate the secondary effects.

Moderna tpeters For me there has been no change since my first shot of the Moderna vaccine and it's been 14 days. I've been following posts on here, and some have said there's been improvement, and maybe a couple that said it spiked and then went down to where it originally was. Everyone seems to be different, but any news of it going back down is good news and gives us all some hope!

Moderna t_scot randal I was on the fence about my second dose too. I had begun to develop what would be considered mild tinnitus after the first Moderna shot (never had tinnitus before). I was concerned it was due to the shot but plowed ahead anyway under the assumption that I'd be kicking myself if I had skipped the shot and then caught a COVID-19 variant.Anyhow, 8-weeks after shot #2 I can safely say that I should have skipped the shot.Like many others I am in a very bad place right now. Don't risk it until more is known about why these vaccines (seemingly all brands) cause ear damage in some people.

Moderna Sam Bridge I got the 1st Moderna shot yesterday. I feel rough and tinnitus is worse but that always seems to go hand in hand anyway.

Moderna daiso t's been almost 4 weeks after my second Moderna shot. No side effects after the first shot. The day after the second shot, I felt chills and my tinnitus was definitely elevated but within the normal range. Everything pretty much went back to normal the following day.There had been the normal ups and downs in the 2 months since the first shot, but nothing I can attribute to the shot.

Moderna linearb I am fully vaxxed at this point.I might be experiencing a spike of some kind related to the vaccine, but it's pretty hard to say. Started maybe a week post shot #2, and optimistically things already seem to be settling back down. A friend who also has noise trauma tinnitus told me he noticed the same thing after Moderna #2 and it settled back to baseline over 3-4 weeks, but in his case one of his parents had developed temporary tinnitus after the vaxx, and so he thinks there's some chance he more or less worried himself into a spike by thinking about that.I hesitate to even mention this, because whatever I am experiencing is within the general spectrum of stuff I've experienced over the last 4 years, it's not a significant spike compared to what has sometimes happened after having a real severe viral illness, and at this point I am only slightly concerned. If things continue to improve/not disimprove, I will become unconcerned pretty quickly.It's hard for me to say if any of this is vaxx related, honestly; Ihave been having TMJ issues as well. But, I did say I'd come back and report anything odd, so, here we are.Nothing in this message should be construed as a reason not to get the shot, if I could go back in time, I would still get the shots. It feels nice to be able to grab a beer at an outdoor venue, drink it, and not be paranoid about someone behind me breathing too close.

Moderna wwtsai Got my second Moderna jab yesterday. I'm feeling pretty tired and achy today so my tinnitus seems to be more annoying than usual. I don't think there's an actual spike/increase though. I was also hoping I'd be one of those blessed with a volume decrease.

Moderna Niki89 It's been one month since my first dose of Moderna on 3/23/21. I've had a large increase in tinnitus and hyperacusis since. It is aggravated with road noise when in a car. My ears are so sensitive. I use tinnitus music to relax when it's overwhelming. I had 48 hours of silence a couple of weeks ago when my tinnitus stopped after taking 2-3 days of not driving anywhere and resting. I had not experienced silence before that in more than a year. My tinnitus returned when I had to make a 3-hour drive. Even 15 minutes in the car causes a tinnitus spike.I am hoping to see a doctor soon. My sister and her friends are nurses and advised me to not get the second dose.I am struggling with this. I'm a musician and music teacher.I am hoping that the brief time my tinnitus stopped is a sign that it will stop after the immune response slows and my ears have rest.

Moderna Brittany95 I received my second Moderna vaccine on Wednesday, April 21st and woke up feeling fine the next day. After an hour at work, I was hit with chills and extreme fatigue. I left work at noon, went home, and crashed on the couch until about 7. Had the chills, headache, and backache the entire time. My tinnitus appeared to be louder, but I think it was more just from feeling like trash. This morning I feel fine, though, and my tinnitus is pretty quiet again!And just to add another experience to this, my sister (who also had Moderna) felt "the worst she's ever felt in her life" yesterday. Stayed home from work the whole day, had all of my symptoms and then some. But she's fine this morning. So I guess Moderna's second dose really does kick you on your ass, but it seems like it's only a 24 hour thing if that reassures anyone lol.

Moderna MrAttention I got my first shot of Moderna yesterday. My arm hurts badly, but my tinnitus is lower than it has been in the past 6 months. My tinnitus is 99% somatic, therefore I don't believe that the vaccine had any positive effect, but gratefully also no negative impact.

Moderna Goofyfoot Greetings everyone!Update: I just passed the 6 week mark since my second Moderna shot and the tinnitus has not waned. Left ear is still screeching at me in conjunction with an underlying buzz in both ears. Sound like I'm standing next to a miniature power line/grid. My ear sensitivity seems to have gotten a little better but isn't gone. I wish I had better news to report with my side effects at this stage in post-vaccination.Since my last post I saw my ENT and did not get any Earth-shattering news that hasn't already been posted by others. He tested my hearing (fine) and sinuses (prescribed Astelin), but everything looks ok physically. He tried the next item on the ENT checklist and prescribe prednisone, but I refused as it doesn't seem to aid much, given what others have posted. I've had a troubled history with prednisone so the juice wasn't worth the squeeze in this case. Overall, he officially diagnosed my condition as being vaccine-related which is a hopeful sign from the medical profession.I also learned hat he has several other patients with post-vaccine tinnitus -- involving all three brands of the vaccine. He said he's seen some of the cases clear up on their own (not sure of the patient timelines or situations). Regardless, it seemed like a relevant data point to share since we are all adrift in these new waters together. He mentioned a nearby tinnitus clinic which I am going to contact for consultation and to learn any other details and trends they are seeing about these side effects.Also, I wanted to pass along a recent NPR story about these rare side effects for those that may not have seen it. Spoiler alert: They still aren't sure why some of us are experiencing the side effects.Vertigo, Hearing Loss, Sore Toes: Vaccine Side Effects Or Something Else? : Goats and Soda : NPRThanks to all of you who are sharing your experiences. It really helps! I'll continue to post relevant updates that some of you with similar situations may find useful.

Moderna Rick Habba Within hours of my first dose of Moderna my tinnitus began in both ears.Since I am at higher risk with COVID-19, symptoms were fairly mild, and I had high hopes it would be just temporary.I did also get my second dose. My tinnitus level went up for several hours after the 2nd shot, but did come back down to my (mostly) constant level, which is probably a 2 or 3.Two months later and finding nothing helps - I am starting to realize this may be my new normal. Just joined Tinnitus Talk to keep up with anything I may do to improve or at least stop from making it worse. Reading some threads, I am relatively fortunate mine is this mild...

Welk vaccin ga jij nemen?

Sterkte!
Jan

Robert84

Bericht door Robert84 » di 15.06.2021 16:42

Ik heb Pfizer gehad en het is niet erger geworden.

Johnpon

Bericht door Johnpon » wo 16.06.2021 09:35

@Jan64
Dat weet ik nog niet. Het is ook nog niet opnieuw aangeboden.

Plaats reactie